Photo Talk: Starliner

Photo Talk: Starliner

Red Rims

I absolutely love shooting with KODAK EKTACHROME E100 VS. The colors take me to the feelings I can only imagine audiences had upon viewing Dorothy in amazing Technicolor for the first time. Any time I have this film loaded I always look for colorful subjects that I know will jump off the slide when it's done being processed.

I was walking through the village of a small waterfront town in the Finger Lakes and happened upon this beautiful Ford Starliner parked just out front. I knew immediately that the reds would pop straight off the slide and the fact that it was parked in the shade meant that the blues in the shadows, pavement, etc. would really work giving a nice red white and blue color scheme. Also, who doesn't love a beautiful classic car?!?! Sure enough, the slide looked awesome and I knew I wanted to see it printed nice and large.

You can find this print for sale at Sips Coffee in Irondequoit, NY throughout the month of June.

About Photo Talk

I wanted to share the process, inspiration, and results of photos I have taken to give you a better understanding on how it came to be, and for me to remember as well!

No comments:

Copyright Matt Stoffel. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.
© Threedown - Matt Stoffel. Developed by ThemeShine.
×

Latest Posts

Blog Archive

Tweets

Follow Me