Photo Talk: Hanging On

Photo Talk: Hanging On

IMG_8600_edit

I happened to be driving around doing some exploring in Nova Scotia around the north side of the Minas Basin on my way through Parrsboro when I took a side road to see if I could get closer to the water. It was a bit of a rainy foggy day so the vistas weren't that impressive.

I rounded a corner and saw a guard rail along side of the road. I figured I must be close to the waters edge and sure enough passed by a little cove. I had to do a bit of a double take when I saw this rock with trees growing on it. I immediately pulled over in the rain to get a few shots of it.

I did tilt the camera a little bit to exaggerate the angle the trees were coming out at, but not by much! It was really amazing to see these trees essentially holding themselves onto this rock by weaving their roots together. You can tell by the growth of the trees that many of them started out growing straight up on level ground, only to have the rock crumble beneath them. Not sure if they're still hanging on or not at this point, but I love this shot.

Oh yeah, and the fun "No Trespassing" sign makes this even more interesting!

I captured this with a CANON 20D digital SLR. It was captured in color and I converted to B&W in Photoshop.

About Photo Talk

I wanted to share the process, inspiration, and results of photos I have taken to give you a better understanding on how it came to be, and for me to remember as well!

No comments:

Copyright Matt Stoffel. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.
© Threedown - Matt Stoffel. Developed by ThemeShine.
×

Latest Posts

Blog Archive

Tweets

Follow Me